After living in 2020, I can say we can beat anything around us. Here is the 2020 review of the year
It just feels we just stepped into 2020 and here we are now saying goodbye to it. honestly, it was the longest year for many I am sure. We had welcomed 2020 with such amazing vibes, hopes, dreams, etc. eventually 2020 taught us what life can be, how to live differently. Taught us real values in terms of life, health, love, togetherness.
Helped us in dealing with fear, tears, worries, stress, etc. well, not all could fight it as we did. Some broke down, some gave up in the midst, while some lived it confidently.
From a personal perspective, many have had a mirror to see themselves, their skills which were never possible before. From talents from cooking, to dancing to painting, etc, while social media was not less to support and entertain the crow. Tiktok to Instagram to Facebook everyone was equally helping each other to spend their time creating memories.
It was a tough time for many, the job market crashed, pay scales were cut, few people got stranded due to sudden lockdown, challenges for day-to-day meals, shortage of medical facilities, and many more. Travel bans, never used products are part of life, like our sanitizers, face masks.
Some events to look back for 2020 internationally—
- Australian bushfires
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle quit the royal family
- COVID-19 pandemic
- The big lockdown
- Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna’ death
- “Parasite” sweeps the Oscars
- Stock market crash 2020
- Joe Biden becomes president-elect
- Kamala Harris was chosen as Democratic VP candidate
- Beirut explosion
- Black Lives Matter protests
- West Coast wildfires
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death
- COVID-19 vaccine rollout
While international had worldwide coverage, India was not far behind in terms of controversies and challenges.
- Farm Laws:
- Delhi Riots:
- Actor Kangana Ranaut Vs Maharashtra State:
- India-China Clash Along LAC In Ladakh
- Ram Temple Foundation Ceremony Amid Pandemic
- Migrant Crisis:
- Online Streaming Services Brought Under Centre’s Regulation:
- Air India Express Flight 1344 Crashed after overrunning the Runway at Calicut International Airport, Kerala.
- Indian celebrities/politicians who left us during this 2020
- Irfan Khan
- Rishi Kapoor
- Sushant Singh Rajput
- Saroj Khan
- Sajid Khan
- Pranab Mukherjee
- S P Balasubramanian
Either way 2020 did bring a lot of stuff, could not be wrong to say good n bad. If the above were bad, painful things that came up our way, there were few good things as well.
Let’s talk about those good things:
- Real heroes have identified without any public stunts: thanks to the pandemic. We saw our real hero’s in form of doctors, nurses, various volunteers, etc doing things without any expectations. Sonu Sood, a Bollywood actor was all over the news for his enduring help towards the needy.
- Reconnecting time: till 2020, people felt working, running behind things, success was a priority, it’s this year that everyone had to take a step back and do real things that valued for sure.
- Health is wealth: cleanliness, safety, taking care of oneself was thought and made to realize that nothing is more than good health.
- Talents and skills: your hidden skills and talents were brushed this year.
- People’s support: be it in the case of Sushant Singh Rajput or the insta famous Delhi baba ka Dhaba, we felt people were there to cheer and support each other.
- Environment-friendly year: nature just got better outside while were locked inside. it couldn’t be wrong if we say this, as there was space to breathe fresh air, during the lockdown. Could hear the birds chirping, feel the fresh air, cleanliness, and a lot more which never had happened anytime before. Nature got its much-needed break.
- Work from home…Pheww: I know this is a sigh of happiness coz this will be a new change in most of the places. While few enjoyed this, and some are yet to adjust.
- Animals were out: yes, few of the posts were trending where animals like cheetah, spotted deer, elephants were seen in a few parts of India and other places. Humans in animals out was the slogan that was used on various platforms.
Personally, for me, it was a year of mixed emotions. Started with spending time with my dad, while I end it missing him as he is sleeping peacefully forever. This is one of the toughest situations for the entire year I could have.
Apart from this, the rest of the year I am happy I have survived it, had a job, salary never stopped, had my time, had my family time with my hubby and my pets. could try my hands-on various skills that I never knew I had in me, learn through various platforms sitting at home – distant learning.
Be far, yet be near to loved ones, celebrate their special days through zoom calls or other available means.
Having said all this about 2020, be thankful to be here to celebrate the new year, which is just around the corner. We hope and wish this brings all the love, luck, success, health, and happiness to all.
While they say, everything happens for a reason, maybe 2020 was that year. Remember there is always light at the end of the tunnel.
Here’s queen bee wishing all our readers a cheerful, blessed HAPPY NEW YEAR 2021.
20 turns 21…
“Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one.” ― Brad Paisley