Dubai, the Middle East’s most glamorous and fabulous city. Tourists flock to this enchanting Arabian paradise year after year from every corner of the earth like moths to a flame. It’s no wonder why this town is such a thriving tourist destination with so much to do, explore and experience. From visiting its various attractions and skyscrapers, indulging in mouth-watering cuisine and shopping in its mega-malls to skydiving, jet skiing, scuba diving, and dune bashing, Dubai is a city that has something for everyone.
What is Dune Bashing?
In short, Dune Bashing is essentially a form of off-roading carried out on dunes, usually in large 4X4 vehicles such as the Toyota Land Cruiser or Fortuner. This involves driving over dunes at varying speeds and maneuvering the vehicle in such a way that stability can be maintained when going up and down the dune. Dune bashing is a highly exciting and adrenaline-pumping activity that has to be carried out with utmost care and safety. Typically, the SUVs used for this adventure sport are equipped with protective gear such as roll cages, and the pressure of the tire is significantly reduced to allow maximum traction against the shifting water.
Dune Bashing Experience in Dubai
A typical Dubai dune bashing experience starts when the tour operator picks you up from your hotel and drives you straight to the desert. Your dune bashing adventure starts after deflating the tires and meeting the other groups of people (taking the tour). The dune bashing goes on for about 20-30 minutes, depending on which cheapest desert safari Dubai deal you choose, after which you are taken to a central desert camp where you get a real Bedouin experience.
Top Dune Bashing Dubai Safaris
Red Dune Desert Safari
- Leave the city behind and prepare for a day of excitement in the Lahbab desert
- Come to the camp and participate in activities such as camel riding and henna hand painting
- Relax a delicious buffet with a wide range of international (vegetarian and non-vegetarian) dishes.
- Get an opportunity to try traditional Arabic clothing and take pictures that will make your friends jealous!
- Encounter an exciting dune over the red dunes
- See a traditional dance performance in the belly and tanoura
Morning Dune Buggy Safari
- Get started early in the day and head in the morning to the desert.
- Experience the thrill of an off-road dune buggy
- Learn how to drive this buggy from a professional instructor
- Eventually, embark on a self-driving journey through the desert and feel the blood pumping adrenaline
Morning Quad Bike Safari
- Beat the bird early in the morning and head straight to the Lahbab Desert
- Save the morning views as you stroll in a country cruiser’s dune
- Get an opportunity to ride your quad bike on the dunes
- Consider camel riding and sandboarding at the site itself.
Camel Ride, Quad Biking & Sand Boarding
- Enjoy Dubai’s perfect desert combination
- Hop on your quad bike and ride away once you reach the desert.
- The highlight of this safari, ride through the desert with your dune buggy
- Take a visit to a camel farm and see these beautiful creatures in their natural habitat.
Tips for Dubai Dune Bashing
- Wear loose and comfortable clothes on your dune bashing trip. You can and can’t wear anything, so be dressed in whatever you’re happy.
- Also, instead of shoes, you could wear sandals and slippers. Sand will go into your shoes and socks, making them extremely uncomfortable.
- Lastly, bring extra cash with you because you can buy souvenirs and other things at the camp itself.