Before talking about how to use compression socks, let’s discuss why do you need it. One of the major reasons for using compression socks is severe pain in the heel. On a general level heal pain is caused by the illness known as Plantar Fasciitis. As per health experts, “It involves inflammation of a thick band of tissue that runs across the bottom of your foot and connects your heel bone to your toes (plantar fascia).”
Compression socks or Plantar Fasciitis Socks are one of the easiest and most comfortable treatments for the pain. It allows for the muscles and tissues to create a balance and spread the pressure from heal to toes, hence elevating the pain and making it non- existent.
Reasons for the plantar fasciitis:
Any illness can develop due to various reasons, however, there are always some major causes. In this case, the following are the main reasons or risk factors causing the illness.
- Age: As we grow old, not only our immune system and bones start growing weak, but our tissues also get impacted by it. The risk of Plantar fasciitis is quite common between the age range of 40 years to 60 years in both men and women.
- Exercises: just like the basic fact using anything too much can break it. Well in case of your body doing an excessive amount of certain exercises such as ballistic jumping, long-distance running as well as ballet dancing can cause the development of Plantar fasciitis.
- Shape of Foot: different shapes of the foot also contribute to increasing the risk of heel pain. Irregular distribution of pressure in your foot can help in the early development of the pain.
- Heavy Weight: Your obesity is also one reason. Heavyweights put a huge amount of pressure on your foot and heels which also causes Plantar fasciitis.
- Profession: Your jobs where you have to be on your feet for almost all the time is again another reason. The work where you have to stand for long hours at hard surfaces is one more reason. In the end lack of care of heel causes the pain.
Lifestyle Changes: You are the only one who can take care of yourself. Hence doing some lifestyle changes is not a bad deal to avoid extreme and severe heel pains in the future among other things. The very first change is about maintaining a healthy weight. It will not only avoid Plantar Fasciitis but also other diseases.
Shoes: Type of shoes also matters. Always remember as much as high heels are harmful, flat heels also cause damages. So wear shoes with moderate heels which has good arch support along with good shock absorbency. Also, a life of athletic shoes is about 400 to 500 miles, so after that try to change your shoes.
Sports activities: If sports are just a hobby to you then pick activities which cause less pressure on your heels and foot like bicycling, swimming, etc. doing other sports is not a complete no-no rather just reduce the amount.
Compression socks: Compression socks or Plantar Fasciitis Socks are again a very good option as a treatment for the people suffering from the illness. These socks help in eliminating the pain from the heel and creates a balance of pressure in the feet.
Stretching and icing:
The pain is basic the heavy inflammation in the tissue between heel and toes. Icing is always a good method to stop or reduce inflammation at any part of the body. Make it a habit to do it regularly. Stretching is always a good activity to avoid muscle cramps and proper blood flow. Pick a few stretching exercises for your calves and heel to help the movement and proper blood flow.
How can you use these Compression socks or Plantar Fasciitis Socks?
That snug fitting which helps to heal the pain is also a pain when you are trying to wear the socks. Here are some pointers to help in using the socks in the right way.
- Check the direction of the socks. The front should be towards the toes and the end towards the calves.
- Don’t try to wear it while standing. You need to apply a little force in order to wear these socks hence sit and get in a comfortable setting.
- Put your arm in the socks and pinch the heal to stretch it a little.
- Now turn the sock inside out. Meaning inside of the sock should be on visibility and the outside hidden.
- Now in the inside out sock put your toes on the front side of the sock and start rolling it upwards. This way the Compression sock will move easily and in the right format. Make sure there are no bunches or folds while rolling. Smooth the wrinkles and you are good to go.