Sugar Check Machines At Home – A Systematic Way To Take Care Of Your Health
This time when i went on holiday to meet my family, it was the time we realized our parents were getting old, and not young and energetic to walk to the clinics now and then. Its during this time, we decided to buy sugar check machines to our parents (my parents and in-laws i’m referring here).
We have picked the Accu-check unit to check the blood sugar level for our parents. It was a bit scary initially for a day or so, but then our parents managed and are using it on regular basis. We do have our family doctor whom we send the readings and accordingly he guides us if there needs to be any change on the medications, if visit to the clinic is required.
This has saved a lot of hassle, getting a taxi, going to the clinic, waiting, and more important starving till all this is done.
Now Let’s Know About Diabetes
Diabetes is a severe disorder in which a person’s body is not able to control the level of sugar in the blood. It has become one of the significant problems nowadays.
What Are The Symptoms Of Diabetes?
- Increased thirst and hunger
- Frequent urination
- Weight loss
- Blurred Vision
These are the most common symptoms that occur when a person has diabetes.
Most Reliable Sugar Check Machines Used At Home
You can choose any of the following glucometers according to your level of affordability.
- Bayer Contour Plus One Glucometer With 25 Test Strips
- Bayer Contour TS Blood Glucometer Combo 50 Strips
- One-Touch Verio Flex Blood Glucose Meter With A Box Of 10 Strips
- Accu-Check Active Blood Glucose Meter Kit With 10 Strips
Best Timings To Check Sugar Level
- Before each meal
- 1 or 2 hours after the meal
Can also check your sugar levels, When you are sick or under stress or
- If you think your blood sugar level is too high or too low
- Before physical activity to check whether you need a snack
- During and after physical activity
- Before a bedtime snack
- In the middle of the night
If your parents have diabetes, your chances of suffering from the same disease increase, so you need to have a sugar check machine at home to keep a regular check of the sugar level in your blood.
Note: Please consult your physician prior doing or conducting any tests at home.