Water is life. It is certainly the most significant element on this earth planet. We cannot enjoy a healthy life without pure water. But unfortunately due to various reasons such as industrialization, we tend to cope with polluted water. Obviously, the upcoming generations aren’t supposed to survive if we don’t initiate to make change. Are we ready to fight against this major scarcity? Can we start to save it? If yes, then we need to learn how to save water for future. Here we go…
What Government and Big Organizations Can Do
When it comes to saving water on the earth, we all tend to look at nowhere else but governments and big organizations. However, it is true that government should concentrate on implementing rules or laws that can help increasing the level of water, but it is not only the duty of government. We all also have to take responsibility for the same. But Governments still need to concentrate on forestation, making dams and other water resources.
How You Can Save Water for Future
- Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth, especially this needs to be trained to the smaller kids.
- Place a flush minimizing unit in all the washrooms.
- Take a shorter shower.
- It is always suggested to u fill your washing machine and dishwasher to the best level possible.
- Fix a dripping tap – we don’t realize the water wastage, if there the tap is leaking. So repair it on priority.
- Install a water butt or barrels to your drainpipe and use it for your plants or to clean your car and wash your windows. A barrel or a can collect around 5,000 liters a year.
- Watering plants with can is better than using a hosepipe. As using an hosepipe can use as much as 1,000 litres an hour. using protective covers to the plants may be with bark chippings, heavy compost or straw and watering in the early morning and late afternoon will reduce evaporation due to the less heat effect and also help in saving water.
- Its suggested to invest in water-efficient goods for household products, like we can now get shower heads, taps, toilets, washing machines, dishwashers and many other efficient products.
Avoid wasting by washing Homes and vehicles on regular basis
However, it is true that you should keep your home and vehicle clean, but it doesn’t mean that you should keep washing them on regular basis. Choose to wash with a limited bucket instead of using a hose pipe. However, if you use a simple bucket and sponge to scrub the car, it will not just get your car clean, but will also give you some good exercise.
Reuse the water from the kitchen:
Kitchen is a common place where the major part is being wasted. Water used for washing vegetables or fruits can be reused for the plants. Also the cooked water can be reused by using it to regular curries or soups.
Life is getting challenging every day, increased expenses, jobs scarcity, electronic lifestyle, less of fresh air, no water. We realize a lot of things, but unfortunately not working to save it. If we save a few liters daily, we are likely to contribute great to future generations.
Together we can do a lot, so lets start it somewhere to reach the target we want to save.